Saturday, June 21, 2008

He's here!!!!

So I'm sure some know by now... it definitely was my water breaking. So that was at 10:15 pm on June 17th. Brendan Daniel Bean came into the world at 1:25 am on June 18, 2008. It was crazy! I didn't get to have ANY pain medication at all cause it went so quickly. Not the way I would've chosen to give birth to my first but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Plus now everyone keeps telling me how amazing I am :-) I have broken blood vessels in both eyes to prove just how tough I was, lol. So if you see some creepy pictures of me, that's what that is. Brendan was 7 lbs, 1 oz and 20.5 inches long. He is absolutely adorable!

We came home yesterday after what seemed like the longest discharge process ever! We're all very tired but enjoying seeing lots of family and friends. Brent is doing great and is such a proud Daddy. He's taking good care of me and Brendan. I'm experiencing the joys (and pains) of breastfeeding. And Brendan is doing his best to not let us sleep at night. We're all learning from each other and while it is very tiring, it's been an amazing experience so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

keep up the good work! I'll direct you now to www.kellymom.com, which is the best Breastfeeding website I've been able to find. There is also a breastfeeding/lactation consultant message board on Ivillage that is very helpful. (And you're neighborhood toddler-nurser, Susan)

Good Luck! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!

Miriam the Mommy said...

I agree with the KellyMom recommendation, it's the best site. And for free advice, my mom just finished a lactation advisor course, so she's happy to help if she can. And of course, yours truly if I can be of any assistance...

Nursing for me was a killer at the start, but I still would do it all over again - and it doesn't HAVE to be painful, so if it is... get help!

("If you don't get help at Charter, please, get help somewhere." Remember those commercials?? :))

MAZAL TOV!! I am SO excited!!