Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Exciting gift news!

I just heard about an exciting gift to buy for yourself, grandparents, father's day gift, etc. from a fellow mommy-to-be. At her hospital they offer a kit from Build-A-Bear to record the baby's heartbeat so you can then take it to Build-A-Bear and forever immortalize your child in a bear (or whatever stuffed animal you choose). I don't know yet if my hospital offers this and yours may not either but not to worry! In doing a few quick searches I discovered that people have been doing this for a long time without the hospital's help and that it was a hospital in the northeast that actually started this $30 kit idea. They offer the sound recording and like a hospital t-shirt or something like that. So the cheap and easy way to do this is to go to Build-A-Bear and buy their "Build-A-Sound" kit for $8 and take it to your next appointment to record the baby's heartbeat. And then of course go back to put it in a stuffed animal.

Anyways, I thought this was one of the cutest and most unique ideas I'd heard of so I thought I'd pass it along.

No comments: