Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stats Update

Okay, so Brendan had his checkup today. He lasted almost the full year in Mother's Day Out without antibiotics (and almost 2 years of life without them). For that I am eternally grateful! We have our first ear infection. The doc said it's very mild and probably just cause of his current cold. I was shocked when Brent told me that he only has to take it once daily. It seems like every medication I had when I was little was 4 times a day.

Developmentally, Brendan is where boys typically are at his age. The doctor was really impressed that he likes "reading" to himself. Brendan now weighs 30 lbs (60th percentile) and is 34 1/4" tall (80th percentile). I've heard that whatever height kids are at 2, if you double that, that's how tall they will be. So, it already looks like Brendan will be taller than me! As if there were any doubt of that. Now I'm wondering if he'll pass up Brent cause the doc said he has plateaued for now in growth. Only time will tell! His head is still over the 100th percentile, lol. I think it was 55 cm? He even said we could switch to 2% milk. Yeah for more room in the refrigerator!

I realized after my last post that I had forgotten Brendan's favorite new word. Car! He loves cars and will say the word 100 times when we're in a parking lot. Even cuter than that though... he'll point to a car's tires and say shoes! He's so smart :-) So the bedspread we're going to get him for his big boy bed will be this:

No comments: