Thursday, January 22, 2009

7 Months



The lighting is so awesome in our living room at this time of day.... just don't ask me what time it was, can't remember!



Cute look.





Brent and I dressed up for my office Christmas party.



Brendan and Grandma



"I got your beard Grandpa!"



2 teeth! And that's still all we have for now.



Brendan really liked the pajamas that Aunt Shannon gave him!



Brendan in the adorable hat that Grandma gave him. It has a matching jacket. Grandpa gave him that tissue paper to play with and there is a video of him playing with it.



The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

Notice our Santa plate and mug. Santa gets fudge and hot chocolate at our house.



Brendan's walker/jumper car! He loves it.



Grinning behind the wheel of his new ride.



Max enjoying his Christmas presents.



Nana and Brendan



Aunt Krystal and Brendan



I liked this... "Daddy, what is this?"



Brent's Mom found this shirt at a garage sale and couldn't resist buying it.



Brendan playing with ribbon from one the packages.



Enjoying his new swing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They're the only ones who have trees low enough to hang one from.



Family pic of the Beans. Top row L to R is Great Uncle Ronnie, Cousin Brian, Cousin Chris, Brent, Brandon (Aunt Krystal's boyfriend), Papaw, and Angel (Nana and Papaw's dog). 2nd row L to R is Brenda (Ronnie's wife), Victoria (Brian's fiancee), Shannon (Chris's wife), Aunt Krystal, Bosco (Aunt Krystal's dog), and Nana. And the 3rd row is Great Mamaw, Brendan, and me. I had to run in to the picture cause I was in charge of setting up the camera. Not bad, huh?



So, these clothes are a little on the big side but it was cold outside and this was really warm.



My cousin Micah gave Brendan this t-shirt. Everyone loves it! If you can't see it, it says "That's how I roll" with a picture of a stroller.




Brendan kept playing with the remote so Brent gave it to him and I caught him at the perfect moment. Looks like he's about to change it to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse... his favorite cartoon.


7 months is an incredible age. I'll probably find myself saying this again, but this is my favorite age so far. Brendan is crawling, sitting up on his own, and giggling. Our kitty was found by Pearland Animal Control after 2 months of being gone! And Brendan loves her! Of course his affection is grabbing big chunks of her fur and skin and laughing. She doesn't like it but she keeps coming back for more. She even rubbed up against his feet tonight when I had him sitting in my lap on the floor. We'll work on learning to pet the kitty instead of grabbing her or hitting her. Brendan has also learned to pull himself up to standing. He greets us in the morning either on his knees or standing in his crib and grinning mid-cry, lol. Thanks to the recommendation of my wonderful cousin Miriam... we bought the book Goodnight, Sleep Tight. Brendan is doing much better with sleeping and I haven't even used the sleep lady shuffle yet. I've just used some basic sleep tips she gives in the first few chapters. I have it on standby just in case I need the sleep lady method later. Brendan is eating like a champ. We have quite a repertoire of food now and soon we'll be starting him on Gerber 2nd foods which include meats. I was kinda shocked to learn these include such things as veal and lamb.


Tomorrow if I get a chance, I'll post some videos and Brendan's 7 month pics. (We finally went some place where we got the CD again.) Brendan "heard" me typing about his sleeping well... he's fussing so I better go. Enjoy all the new pictures!

1 comment:

Miriam the Mommy said...

Okay, big snort at your husband's new t-shirt!

Brendan is a YUMMMMMMMMMM! I love the pictures, especially enjoying how he has Grandpa's hairline (ahem).

7 months IS a great age. I found 7-11 months to be the cutest baby ages. Before that they're adorable, but don't do a lot of adorable stuff... and after that they're so big, they're hardly babies at all! My baby is already 3 months old - yikes!

What's that funky pacifier thing he has, tho? It looks like a bottle nipple without the bottle. I've seen a couple kids in the park with similar things, but I have no idea what it is.