Monday, August 4, 2014

Toys

So I'm sure every parent goes through the growing pains of an overwhelming amount of toys in their house. Or maybe we just let them have too many. Or... we are incredibly blessed with a big group of friends and family at our kids birthday parties and so we have a LOT of toys. Yeah, probably that last one is most accurate. This last weekend we finally decided that enough was enough and we have relocated the toy chests, tubs, etc. to their rooms instead of being in the living room. When they were babies, this was a necessary evil, and now, it doesn't have to be. It's been an odd feeling though. Toys have been a part of that room for 6 years. And yet, there's an overwhelming feeling of bliss associated with that move. And I know my hubby is happier, lol. We also are starting to weed out the baby toys from their rooms. We've kept all of the stuffed animals cause I hate getting rid of those... and books... I was actually really proud of Brendan cause he gave up a toy that I didn't think he'd be ready to give up yet. And I haven't had many complaints from them about the toys I took out.

Kaylee starts ballet tomorrow. Excited of course and a little bit nervous too. Probably just because I'm so NOT a dance mom, lol. Looking forward to it for sure though. She has her pink leotard, pink tights, pink bow/bun holder, and pink shoes all ready for tomorrow morning. And, in a rare occasion, we are all able to make it tomorrow to watch. Should be interesting to see how Brendan handles being the one who has to sit and watch for once. Their cousin will be in the younger class that meets at some other time but it should be fun to watch them both in the recital next summer.

I've started yet another attempt to get in better shape. I decided I need to find something I can do consistently to prove to myself that just moving is better than nothing. So I discovered the Ab Challenge on a friend's page and completed day 3 yesterday. Today is a rest day. Each workout consists of sit-ups, crunches, leg lifts, and planks in various amounts. I really need to meet this goal. And then do another month to prove I can and another and another until it becomes such a habit I can't live without it. Here's hoping :-)

No comments: