Monday, April 30, 2012

Well, I'm already behind. I had decided Friday would probably be a good day to skip and then just didn't post on Saturday and Sunday either. We even found ourselves on Saturday afternoon staring at the TV and our daughter and wondering what the heck to do. I gotta tell you, that was a GREAT feeling. So we watched a couple of movies On Demand that we missed in the theater. The Other Guys and Friends with Benefits. Both hilarious movies. There are many weekends that I find myself wishing we could just stay home and do nothing all day. C'est la vie.

Ooh, we also saw Hunger Games Saturday morning. They did well. Didn't follow the book exactly like I had read somewhere on Facebook but still a good movie. If you haven't read the books, I do recommend them. Just don't expect the quality of J.K. Rowling or J.R.R. Tolkien (apparently in my mind you must have initials to be a good writer, lol).

But you didn't come here to read about our movie-viewing weekend, did you?

Kaylee continues to be adorable. I forgot some more words she is saying. One day, out of the blue, Aunt Shannon came over and she lit up and said "hi Shannon!". Blew us away. She says hello and bye-bye complete with an adorable wave. She also says "I know" and "all gone" and "again". And much earlier than her brother learned... Daddy can hug you and comfort you when Mommy goes off to work and you're crying. I watched her walk to him this morning as I was leaving. Poor baby. I know it's a phase but it's still sad. She cried when we dropped her off at church yesterday but lit up and waved hello when we came back like nothing had happened. Kaylee is obsessed with my hair at the moment. She loves to play with it but usually ends up pulling it. We're all (except for Kaylee, lol) in need of hair cuts right now!

We're back in church again, yeah! And we joined our new church, Friendswood Community. So nice to feel like we belong again. Met some awesome people at the membership class and saw most of them on Sunday and got to introduce them to Brent. And one lady is someone we knew ages ago when we were at the Methodist church and she was so happy to see me and hear about mom.

Brendan came back from the lake house Sunday with all sorts of stories to tell us. He caught two fish and threw them back. He was VERY proud of himself. He got to see his Great Mamaw on the way back. We've got to make a trip over there to see her soon. We've been very bad about that since Brent's Grandma died almost two years ago (hard to believe). And because of my lazy weekend, I didn't set up his room for night-time potty training like I wanted to. This Friday I shall!

So next Sunday is baby dedication at our church and since we finally found a new church home, we're getting Kaylee dedicated. I'm on a mission to get a cute pic of her smiling to send to the children's minister. I sent her a cute one of Kaylee and I from Easter but she wasn't smiling. Silly girl.

I'll leave you with this: http://warrenbarfield.com/ If you've never heard his music, I highly recommend "Love is Not a Fight" and "Waiting for the Right Time". He is also VERY passionate about sponsoring kids so that they have enough food to eat and water to drink. Amazing and talented man. We had the privilege to hear his music and his story yesterday at church :-)

P.S. My next post will mean I have posted more in 2012 than in 2011. Sad but true.

2 comments:

Miriam the Mommy said...

Night training? You brave, brave soul! You have my admiration and respect, but the LlamaTush (TM) will be helping to fill landfills for some time to come, I believe! :)

Did I mention that it was SO nice to see you guys???? :) Miss you!

babybean said...

Lol. I didn't realize she was still in diapers. Or is it just for night time? Brendan is a REALLY heavy sleeper like his dad so this should be interesting. He still has yet to come out of his room by himself since I removed the doorknob cover. Silly boy. Guess he likes being caged :-)