Monday, February 22, 2010

New doctor, new procedures, better informed!

I love my new doctor. I seriously don't think I can say that enough. I got a call this afternoon and they let me know that from my tests they discovered that I was positive for the Group B Strep stuff again. Brownie Point #1 because my previous doctor didn't do that test until I was almost 36 weeks, it may have been a little bit earlier than that but definitely not this early. Then they said that they are going to call in an antibiotics prescription for me to take now and then I'll have more via IV during labor. Brownie Point #2 because even though I tested positive for it last time, my labor went so fast that I never got antibiotics so little baby Brendan was at risk for catching colds big time in those first 6 weeks of life. And finally, they told me that my progesterone level was 28 and that 12 means a healthy pregnancy so I'm really healthy! Brownie Point #3 because I was lucky at my last doc to have my blood pressure reading read back to me. I like being an informed patient especially since I have a nurse for a husband who can explain anything to me I don't understand.

So everything is looking good. I'm feeling good even though I'm exhausted! And our first ultrasound will be March 5th. Now we're just trying to find time to work on Brendan's "big boy" room and decide whether to buy a bed for him or use the bottom part of the bunk bed I had as a kid. The bed we have is white and the chests that go with it are in the baby room where they will stay, so we'll have to buy that stuff anyway. Tough to decide. Cause then you have to choose between fun race car beds or something more practical that he might take to college with him or for his future house.

3 comments:

Miriam the Mommy said...

My vote - definitely race car bed. I STILL wish I had one of those!!

Continue to feel good!!! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and your wonderful family on baby #2!! I know your folks must be so excited! Hope you stay well and get more rest now that your cold is better! Where in Pearland do you guys live? Valerie and Stanton are down by Cullen and FM 1128-off Fite Road! God Bless!

babybean said...

Hey Mardi! Welcome to my blog. Thanks! We live in the neighborhood across the street from Pearwood Skating Rink and Floyds.