Thursday, September 13, 2012

I got bit!

We just came inside from checking the mail and Kaylee obviously did not want to come inside. She bit me hard enough that I'm gonna be bruised. She doesn't get enough of a nap at school but takes forever to fall asleep if I try to put her down for a nap after school. I'm sure that's part of why she bit me. Frustration and overtiredness are never a good combination.

Anyway... Other than that, school seems to be going well for both kiddos so far this year. Although I am going to email Brendan's teacher just to make sure he's on his best behavior. Cause he definitely is NOT at home most days. We're working on him, but it's tough. The latest fights seem to be over getting out too many toys and not putting them up. And he is such a Mr. Bossypants right now! I think it's cause that's all he hears all day long is us barking orders to him. But I really don't like being ordered around by a 4 year old. It's funny, I LOVED working in the four year old class at VBS for years. I am finding parenting one to be a lot more challenging. He has his sweet moments of course, but it's a tough time in life right now. He actually got optional homework from school, lol. We'll try to get it done but since we've got a busy weekend, so it won't be till Sunday or Monday.

Kaylee LOVES all things elephant right now. So I've decided that will be the theme for her birthday party. http://www.bigdotofhappiness.com/elephantbirthdaytheme.html Isn't that adorable?! I need to get on that and order it soon. Time gets away from me all the time these days! Kaylee carries an elephant around with her almost everyday. When you ask what's that, she says elepha (usually the n and t aren't audible). Then you ask her what sound does an elephant make? Then you have to make the sound for her, and she'll do it back to you. So cute! I can't believe she'll be two next month.

No comments: