Tuesday, May 8, 2012

18 month checkup

Kaylee had her 18 month checkup at 19 months. Lol. We don't like doing things on time around here. Correction, I almost never do things on time. Procrastinator extraordinaire right here! But anyway... Shocked that we didn't talk much about her asthma since we saw a different doc for that appointment. She weighs 25 lbs, 9.6 oz, she is 33.25 inches tall, and her head circumference is 19.094 inches. I don't think (I'd have to go back and look) she gained much weight but she got taller for sure. She also had to have two shots. Poor baby. I like our doc, I really do. I am getting frustrated with the fact that their office considers what the American Academy of Pediatrics says to be biblical. I feel like a terrible parent every time I walk out of there. My kids drink juice (watered down every time) and they watch more than an hour of TV a day. Both kids were in forward-facing car seats on their first birthday. I keep my children safe and they eat and sleep. These are the things I care about the most. Brendan has been taking a vitamin every day since he turned two (I think that's when we started that) because I know he doesn't eat well. I know he'll eat better (more variety) later, my brother and I are perfect examples of that. I'm also getting frustrated that with both children I have to answer questions that won't (shouldn't) change EVERY time we go in there. Like "are there smoke detectors in the home", "does anyone smoke in the home", and "do you have stairs". It's really ridiculous. I feel like our old office understood that every kid is different, every home is different, and every parent doesn't raise their kids to the letter of the law. Sorry, had to vent.

One day soon... hopefully... I'm gonna gather up all of Kaylee and Brendan's stats and compare. I'm pretty sure she weighed more all along the way, but not sure if she's taller than he was at this age. Very curious about it though.

Until next time!

No comments: