Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A tooth! And other screaming...

So sorry for the delay in posting! It hasn't been a boring month but at the same time there hasn't been a lot of new and exciting things happening until recently. But here are some updates on the boy. Pictures will come in another post... hopefully sooner this time!

Brendan had been spitting up frequently for a while and I finally decided to call the doc about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It turns out that I was overfeeding the poor baby! Of course anyone you talk to who's seen him would laugh at that cause he's so skinny. But it also turns out that he didn't show any signs of wanting to stop eating whether it was with a bottle or breastfeeding. So now after cutting back, he's doing much better.

He found his toes! Brendan loves his toes. He will reach down and grab his foot to pull his toe to his mouth and he loves to suck on his big toe. One time when we had been out running errands he fell asleep sucking on his toe. When I was getting him out of the car his leg was up by his head with his hand still holding it there, lol.

He loves to scream! He'll start screaming for no reason at all. Stupidly I've gotten in a few back and forth screaming matches with him cause it's funny. I'm probably gonna stop that though cause I really don't want him to think it's okay to be loud and screamy all the time.

I've been thinking for about a month at least that he was teething. We've had a few incidents where he would just start screaming for some reason and wouldn't stop till I gave him Tylenol. So yesterday he was sucking on my finger and I got excited because I felt a sharp tooth! His first tooth has broken through. And I think the second one is very close behind. We'll see. When it comes all the way in, I'll try to get a picture of it.

Laughing! Brendan has also started laughing at us. So we've been trying all sorts of goofy things to make him laugh. So much fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY! A tooth already??? He's that old??? :_(

Thanks for the update! We're looking forward to pictures.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Yikes!! Ouch for him (and most likely you too...). Sroch didn't teethe until 14 months!

Shulama-llama and I just finally watched the videos from last time... TOO adorable!

babybean said...

Yep, 5 and a half months old and we already have a tooth! My Mom said we cut our teeth really early too.